http://shebuiltit.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 03, 2008

"Shake n Bake" The PERFECT table for baking

Click Image to enlarge


This is an old BAKERS SCHOOL baking table It has 4 drawers and 2 cabinets and space underneath for movable bins

AND... 4 really neat Cutting boards above the drawers! The cutting boards are held in place by hand made dowels so they can't pull out and drop your dough.

I think I will add a slotted shelf on the bottom. Then I will add 4 locking wheels and an original bakers butcher slab , that I have, as a top. The butcher block is 6' x 3" and the table is 24"so there will be a 12" overhang on the other side that can be left as a seating "nook" area or make the underside into shelves for storage space. All in all this is the perfect find and exactly what I have been looking for.

It is in EXCELLENT condition. I almost hate to put the butcher block top on I might leave it as is or add a stainless top. After I add the shelf and wheels and top it will be exactly the correct height! And it will fit perfectly into the space I had planned to house it along the South wall. If I don't put the butcher block top on, it will line up perfectly with the other planned wall cabinets



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home